We also run Nyansa and have been incredibly impressed with it.  I consider it a
‘must have’ tool in our environment, and it has directly lead to many design
changes.

With regards to other tools you mentioned, we are currently looking at
NetBrain.  Our POC is expected to end next week, and we have not decided yet if
this will be the product for us or not.  We run a very different environment of
mainly NOT Cisco, like Extreme/Enterasys/Arista.  While this too is advertised
to work with those vendors, we’ve found a lot of little bugs with how the
product parse these things.  We have a lot of layer 2 in our environment, and
the product’s forte is layer 3.  With that said, the company has been actively
engaged and has been fixing almost every little issue we’ve found.  We would
also like to use their automation platform inside the tool, but haven’t pushed
that extensively during the test.  The main objective was to get something with
documentation capabilities that can get us off of a spreadsheet.  I would say
it is 85% there.  The product, in my mind, is overpriced for the higher
education market, especially once you get to scale.  However, I think they are
going to work on that, as well.  So, before you go down the NetBrain road, talk
to us in about a month.  At that point, we will have either purchased it or
moved on, and I’ll tell you why in detail.

Ryan Turner
Senior Manager, Networking
ITS Communication Technologies
+1 919 445 0113 Office