and see what happens. If you're using a Cisco switch, the "show power inline"
command will tell you if power is being supplied/requested.

Jeff

On 8/17/18, 11:17 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
on behalf of Sam Ziadeh" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU on behalf of
szia...@lsu.edu> wrote:

    POE switch (non cisco). We did take some of the failed units and plugged
them into a Cisco POE switch to rule out a switch issue.

    We did not check the console port of the AP, but the port on the switch was
not lighting up either.

    -Sam

    -----Original Message-----
    From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Jeffrey D. Sessler
    Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:59 PM
    To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
    Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco AP2800 failure rate

    I’ve got a metric ton of 3800’s and 2800’s spanning FCS (first customer
ship) to less than a month old and have had zero failures.

    I agree with one of the other posters that even with no lights displayed,
there can be action on the console port.

    Was the initial failure when connected to a POE switch or using an
injector? Cisco switches/injectors or third-party?

    Jeff