Bruce,

It has been awhile, but I recall having done it a couple times.  We used
mac address authentication in our case.   I remember though having Aruba
having to add in some code to the controller to allow it to work after
Sonos had done an upgrade a couple years ago.   I would hope by now that
code is standard.    It is tricky.  I think the last step of peering you
just skip.  Once both are connected and see each other, they just peer.
Meaning, don’t wait for the client to say success.  Just start sending
music, etc.  Can’t remember the interface anymore because it’s been two
years.  I do remember it took us forever to get it working.

  This brings up another notion to me.  It was once mentioned on one of the
Educause lists that there really is no consequence to having one large flat
subnet for your wifi.  This goes against my normal Ethernet arp
broadcasting instincts.  But if this is true, it seems many of us would be
better served with a sufficiently large layer 2 subnet and avoid layer 3
issues altogether.   I am thinking of changing our wifi network to get rid
of pooled vlans and just having one flat large vlan next summer.  Seems
like this would get rid of a number of issues for support.   I would be
curious about what others think.  Wifi is not the same as Ethernet and I
don’t think there are really any efficiencies by having multiple vlans in
wifi unlike Ethernet which would reduce arp traffic, security, etc.

  Tim