I did not recommend continuing port-per-pillow deployments the last time I
reviewed a residence. However, in addition to wireless coverage, I did push
to provide wired ports for common/TV spaces in the residences. This
provides flexibility for future changes, as well as a way to help offload
some of what tend to be the heaviest-use devices from the wireless spectrum
and thereby improve wifi performance. So a pod community for, say, 16
students might still need several APs to ensure consistent 5Ghz coverage,
depending on construction and wall placements, but might only have 2 wired
network drops for use by students.

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
402.363.5603
*jcoeho...@york.edu <jcoeho...@york.edu>*

*Please contact helpd...@york.edu <helpd...@york.edu> for technical
assistance.*

The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society