Hello Everyone,

    Louisiana State University ITS is interested in pursuing an arena Wi-Fi
solution for the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, our 13,215 seat indoor arena
used primarily for NCAA basketball, volleyball and gymnastics competitions. We
are curious to know what other educational institutions have implemented Wi-Fi
solutions in their arenas of similar size, which provider they chose to go
with, and how it is working out for them.

A few of the many questions we have include:

--Identification of the similar arena Wi-Fi deployment(s).

--Rough cost of installation?

--Is there an ongoing cost to the arena Wi-Fi provider? How much/month/year?

--Description of the implementation (number and type of AP's, controllers,
cabling, mounting points, etc.)

--How do customers connect to the arena Wi-Fi?

--Do customers have to download an app on their device?

--Is there a service fee to the customer for any of the services provided? For
season ticket holders?

--What degree of security (no authentication, splash page requesting what info,
etc.)?

--Separate network or integrated into campus network?

--How is the arena Wi-Fi traffic drained to the internet?

--What value-added services are being utilized from the arena Wi-Fi solution?

--How is the relevant data compiled and retrieved?

--Did extra personnel need to be hired on to manage the solution?

--Have you seen a notable change in customer feedback after the implementation?

--What elements of the installation went well, what did not?

In summary, we would love to learn any information that you can share, as this
would be our first foray into arena Wi-Fi.

Thank you in advance!

[LSU]<http://www.lsu.edu/>

Allen Toms
Wireless Network Manager
Information Technology Services
Louisiana State University
200 Frey Computing Services , Baton Rouge, LA  70803
office 225-578-3763
alt...@lsu.edu<mailto:alt...@lsu.edu> | lsu.edu<http://www.lsu.edu/>