From: Yahya M. Jaber <yahya.ja...@kaust.edu.sa>
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: Device visibility in Aruba AirGroup + ClearPass

Hi,

We were in similar position to provide home like access to the students here.
The way to solve this was to use Cisco 1815 series AP’s as OEAP, this will give
the user an option to access the AP GUI and create his own SSID “and other
options” while still being managed by the WLC “having the campus SSID’s also”.

We have looked into many vendors, only Cisco provides this functionality.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_Cisco_OfficeExtend_Access_Point_/b_Cisco_OfficeExtend_Access_Point__chapter_01100.html

Yahya Jaber.
Sr. Wireless Engineer
IT Network & Communications – Engineering
Building 14, Level 3, Rm 308-WS07
KAUST 23955-6900 Thuwal, KSA

Email yahya.ja...@kaust.edu.sa<mailto:yahya.ja...@kaust.edu.sa>
Office +966 (0) 12 8081237
Mobile +966 (0) 558697555
On Call Rotation Mobile: +966 54 470 1177