From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Tariq Adnan
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:18 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco 3800 AP code 8.10 wireless disconnections/drops

Hello everyone,

Just checking if anyone else is experiencing the wireless disconnection issues
like us.

So far we have received complaints from multiple sites where we have deployed
3800 model AP on 8.10.121.0. The 3800 on a different controller running code
8.5.161.4 seems to have no issue so far.

The drop outs are very random and sometime would happen in the middle of a zoom
meeting - very frustrating for students during lecture.

I have raised a TAC case and we couldn't reproduce the issue during 1.5 hours
troubleshooting session.

I am suspecting below bug but unless we recreate the issue and take some logs,
Cisco won't recommend any workaround or code upgrade:
CSCvt22353<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/v4EjCL7EwMf43ozMc11Fat?domain=tools.cisco.com>
 2800/3800/4800/1560 APs not sending DHCP messages over the air
>From bug details:
"From AP debugs and OTA captures, we can see some traffic exchange, but at some
point AP stops transmitting data frames over the air (could be DHCP, or ICMP,
or other data traffic), affecting all clients connected at that time."
Thanks,
-
Cheers,

Kind regards,

This message is from an external sender. Learn more about why this
matters.<https://ut.service-now.com/sp?id=kb_article&number=KB0011401>