I have a tree line to deal with around the perimeter of the quad, so I’d have
to be 20’ up.  Once a ladder is no longer practical, I have to go to the roof.

-Brian

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Ricardo Stella
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2020 4:07 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Antenna mounting suggestions

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Salem State University. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

We went with outdoor APs but wall-mounted at about 10'-12' high. Depending on
locations, we used either AP-365 with short arm mount brackets that extend out
(AP hangs horizontally), or AP-367 mounted flat against the wall or with a
slight incline down (we had to get the adjustable brackets cause the regular
ones were out of stock).

These are smaller than the buckets 27x or 37x series. We are still not at 8x so
can't use the 37x. And we did take advantage of the buy 3 get 2 free promotion
- Since they all have to be the same type, we got 5 of each.

Since these tents get temporary power, another option was to run data to them
and mount the APs inside the tents or on temporary poles - like it's done at
conventions. But this way, the installation is permanent and the outdoor area
will get coverage in the future regardless.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 3:51 PM Brian Helman