From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> on behalf of Biron, David
<d.bi...@ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 9:42 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Aruba AP2xx vs. AP5xx apples-to-apples
Hi Jason,

In regards to Ekahau, you can model the AP model before and after in the
predictive section. Obviously this is based on a computer model, but should
give an indication.

I can’t comment in regards to going from AP2xx/3xx to the AP515. But we have
gone from the Cisco 2802i to the AP-515 and in the real world the coverage is a
lot better with the Aruba in comparison to the Cisco. Modelling this in Ekahau
shows similar.

We were a really early adopter of AX and chose to turn off that feature due to
the amount of corporate managed laptops running the affected Intel chipset.

Now AX is more widespread (Lots more client devices) and better information is
provided to end users in regards to updating drivers, we are looking at turning
the feature back on.

David Biron