From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Rohrbacher
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:21 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Fwd: FCC expected toofficially
proposeDSLderegulationonThursday

I feel that we are kind of self regulated, where as the "big boys", when left unregulated, go crazy.

Charles Wu wrote:

<snip>
If anyone recalls the argument I had with Charles Wu...about how I would NEVER surrender ownership of every part of my own network, from customer to carrier hotel if there was any way of keeping it... </snip>

So here's the caveat...

If you refuse to be regulated, then you shouldn't complain when the FCC rewrites the rules and stops regulating phone/cable incumbents

You can't have "double standards" - and they can always put up a super-mesh network and trash your spectrum (in Chicago, SBC DSL modems now come w/ WiFi access points turned on broadcasting away...sure, it's a convenience to the consumers, but I cannot but wonder if this is an "insidious method" of trashing 2.4 muni-wifi / wisp networks)

-Charles

WISPNOG Park City, UT
http://www.wispnog.com
August 15-17, 2005