Dude......

<START RANT>

Only if its free???  That's putting alot of value on your life....
Staying tied off 100% of the time is great but only if you are anchored to the right stuff. For example, there is no way to safely attach a standard 6' "Y" fall arrest system to Rohn 25 or 45G. Did you know that?? The fall arrest forces in most cases will tear the crossmembers from the tower. If you are around a leg you will now exert those forces against the side axis of the carabiner which is not as strong. If the crossmember gives way, you just fall to the ground. But if you happen to be anchored around a leg you may just loose one or two crossmembers as it pulls down. Then you will just fall 8 or 9 feet before your ass gets slammed back into the tower steel. Now that your face is all f*cked up because you were not wearing any head protection (because, after all, no one is working above you so wearing head protection is silly...right??). Now you hang there with maybe a few fractured ribs, your head all banged up, you're bleeding like a pig (which is what even the smallest head wound does) and you have just created one of the most difficult rescue situations in the tower industry if you are higher than the local fire departments aerial ladder. Getting someone off a REAL tower or monopole is hard enough. Rohn 25G has to be the worst and most dangerous. Who will rescue your butt?? How will you get down?? Don't say you will just climb down because not many can after falling in their harness. Hang there for more than 30 minutes and you'll probably just expire. And you know what??? Not even the funeral is free! So to not get any real structured traing actually cost you anyways....in funeral costs.

<END RANT>

Here's a pointer you can pick up..........  GET SOME TRAINING!

-B-  <--------waiting to go to the funeral

--
Bob Moldashel
Lakeland Communications, Inc.

Brian Rohrbacher wrote:

To be completely honest. Only if it's free. Otherwise, I'll stay tied off 100% of the time and not let anyone stand below me. From there, I'll just pick up pointers as I go along and use common sense (something no class can teach me).

A. Huppenthal wrote:

How about a training seminar for climbing - OSHA safe.

Brian Rohrbacher wrote:

Actually, I already own it. Bill Curd sold me his extra one 2 weeks ago.

George wrote:

Hey order the one with the aluminum bar seat in it.
It's only like 20 dollars more, and it's a lot more comfortable to be on a tower in.

http://www.midwestunlimited.com/store_detail.lasso?-Token.id=10193

I just got one for my guy and hey says it's way more comfortable than the other one and he can spend more time on a tower.

George

Bob Moldashel wrote:

Brian Rohrbacher wrote:

last chance. I am ordering. Well, it's been 3 years....but it's time for a harness. Up until now I only climbed grain legs. I am going to go up a 90ft Rohn 25g style tower. It there anything else I need.

Yeah...How about some training???

Can I get some links to the rope and pulleys ya'll use?

http://www.midwestunlimited.com/store_detail.lasso?-Token.id=10234&-session=midwest:44FFC22E13ec524B34QXo248103D

http://www.midwestunlimited.com/store_detail.lasso?-Token.id=10241&-session=midwest:44FFC22E13ec524B34QXo248103D

http://www.midwestunlimited.com/store_detail.lasso?-Token.id=10511&-session=midwest:44FFC22E13ec524B34QXo248103D

http://www.midwestunlimited.com/store_detail.lasso?-Token.id=10192