To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 2:39 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Trade SHows

WISPCON? dooooghnuts.. .arrrr... call me homer... I'm there man... I'll bring the Chianta Classico Roberto Stucchi 2001 to wash them down.... ($8)

I'm still excited about the tent camp WISPA meeting... we all just drive someplace that's got a lake, river, a field for camping out with the family, or someone elses' family.. a few trees, a microphone and place for any of us to get up and talk about the latest 50 mile shot @ 30 megabits, 100 customers per AP, 4.9 Ghz frying pan, community broadband concepts, all off the cuff and unplanned, un-regulated... contest to see who can come the closest to breaking FCC regs on AP, backhaul and SM..

or just jetskis and we call it the WiFi Ride... :-)

Its true, I'd prefer to just hang with the rest of the couragous, hard headed, independent, 'I ain't buying nothing from nobody unless I get to dissassemble it' WISPr's than listen to sales talk, but that's me. Maybe Trango would sponsor a week long burn in of the Atlas radios.

WISPCON may have to do for me... Any jetskis at WISPCON... doughnuts after shots of tequila, petition-signing to stop all DSL/Cable/Community anti-trust activities, and a march on the City Hall (whatever City it is) would give me a giggle as well. hmmm.. A couple of places come to mind..

Anyone got a tractor and a field with a lake close by? I smell Woodstock WiFi.

Mac Dearman wrote:

 I couldn't agree more with you Alex - -

$500.00 smackers is a bunch for meeting up with my wireless bud's. I am gonna attend the WISPCON this time around and I would really love to go to ISPCON. I talked to Larsen the other day and about it and that is my plans. I aint gonna pay no $500.00 to learn how to spell antenna, but I will spend $5K to meet up with some of y'all. We can get together and have our own grown up discussion about whatever we feel relevant - - - -- - - -

So - - You gonna make WispCon? I will get the room with double beds and you can shack with me. We can trash the bar every night and eat all the donuts early in the morning while everyone else is learning about microwave paths and how to add up how many mw's make a watt!!!!!! I do know that there are free buffets at certain hotels as well IF you can get to the 4th floor!! Damn - - I have turned into bad blood hanging with all these other ISP's

Harnish - - where you gonna be and what you gonna attend?