Charles,
Enough! I don't care what you think you can do to harm your competitors but you are not doing it on this list server any longer. If you want to slam another show competitor do it offlist or on your own list server. We are not doing that here, Charles. This thread is 100% closed to on-list discussion. If you have a problem with that then contact me off-list or find a new list to play on.
Scriv

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        RE: [WISPA] WISPA Show Interests was: WISPCon
Date:   Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:11:26 -0500
From:   Charles Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     'WISPA General List' <wireless@wispa.org>

Last I understood, Part-15 was also a "Non-Profit".

That's the "sham"

Although .org domain names are traditionally reserved for non-profit
institutions, there is nothing within ICANN policy preventing a for-profit
organization from registering a .org domain

A quick who-is of Part-15.org & WISPCON.info outputs the following:

Registrant: Prime Directive Corp. P.O. Box 157 North Aurora, IL 60542 US Domain Name: PART-15.ORG Administrative Contact : Prime Directive Corp [EMAIL PROTECTED] PO BOX 157 NORTH AURORA, IL 60542-0157 US Phone: 630-906-0323 Fax: 630-906-0323 Registrant: Prime Directive Corp. P.O. Box 157 North Aurora, IL 60542 US Domain Name: WISPCON.INFO Administrative Contact : Prime Directive Corp [EMAIL PROTECTED] PO BOX 157 NORTH AURORA, IL 60542-0157 US Phone: 630-906-0323 Fax: 630-906-0323
A lookup in the State of Illinois Corporation/LLC Database shows Prime
Directive, Inc as a FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION with Michael Anderson (Bullit) as
the President

http://cdsprod.ilsos.net/CorpSearchWeb/CorporationSearchServlet?fileNumber=5
9278304&sysId=CD&nameType=MST

While there's nothing wrong with running a for-profit industry association /
show (ISPCON, Shorecliff's Broadband Wireless World, Jupiter Media, etc), I
have an ethical issue when the for-profit group tries to generate "goodwill"
by marketing itself as a not-for-profit trade group when it's express
purpose is to maximize shareholder (in this case Michael Anderson) profits.

So, in comparing Part-15 vs. WISPA, it is worth noting that Part-15 is an
opportunistic for-profit entity focused on capitalizing market share in the
WISP industry (can you fault them? I mean, all of us are for-profits), and
WISPA is a LEGITIMATE NOT-FOR-PROFIT focused on representing the WISP
industry as a whole

With that in mind, you should be able to make an intelligent & informed
decision on who/where to give your money to

-Charles