Good morning list,

I thought I would drop all of you a line this morning as it is the first normal Saturday morning I have had in a month. I am sitting in front of my PC, cup of coffee on my desk, nice chair to sit in, A/C is rocking, little puppy in my lap and my big black lab on the floor behind me and no generators are running within my hearing range!!!! This is a good morning in N. Louisiana!!

I rolled in home from Bay St. Louis, Mississippi Thursday night about 10:00pm and havent had a spare moment since. It has been a real experience working in the "Katrina" zone these last few weeks. I will never forget all the people and all the support that we have gotten. None of the things we have/will accomplished would be possible if it were not for folks like all of you. I appreciate all that yo have done from the bottom of my heart. I know I haven't been on list and given updates like I should have, but I have an excuse for that too. Part of the time we had no bandwidth where we were staying and part/most of the time we would get started at 7:00AM and not quit until 9-10:00pm and I was totally exhausted. Sleeping on a floor was not a problem for 4 days!!

We are not through in Bay St Louis or Waveland as we are still connecting shelters..etc. We also have a BH link to make into the Port of Bienville (15miles?) where there are many jobs at different Port facilities and factories like GE and an Crude oil crack plant (no smart alec comments on the crack plant) as well as the only sewer waste disposal plant for Hancock county that serves Bay ST Louis and Waveland. I talked with Joe Laura yesterday and we are going to join backhauls at our Mississippi Power tower and his Lyman, Mississippi tower. I gave him two Tranzeo TR-5a-N radios and two 3' dishes yesterday to make that possible and he was headed out to hang that gear yesterday. He also offered us a place to set up camp in D'Iberville where we could stay for the duration of our campaign down there. I am also working on a deal with 'Rescue International" that would join our network with theirs in Slidell, Louisiana on a water tank owned by the town. This would give us redundancy on both ends (one 6meg and one DS3)as well as provide fail over redundancy for both of these other groups. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal for all of us!

We are still lacking getting into Pass Christian, Mississippi and we really need to get that done. I have access to two towers in the area, but am lacking help at this point in time. It would be really nice to have someone else who can/will climb and hang this gear. I have everything it takes to put a 5.x Backhaul and 2.4 AP with an omni there as well as a Trango 900AP and omni. We could use a few more DB clamps, but short of that we have what we need to complete these efforts. We need to do the same thing when we get to Port of Bienville - - - exact same set up and gear. ANY VOLUNTEERS?

Thanks Y'all

Mac Dearman
Maximum Access, LLC.
www.inetsouth.com