Trango Broadband Wireless Returns to Proven Direct Sales Model for U.S. Market

—Decision reflects company objective of getting closer to end customers in their home market, and availability of increased resources at its U.S. headquarters—

SAN DIEGO, CA — November 9, 2005 — Trango Broadband Wireless, an industry leader in fixed-wireless broadband connectivity solutions, announced today that it is transitioning back to direct sales for the U.S. market. "Returning to a direct sales model for the U.S. is clearly the right choice for the company," said Colin Boyd, vice president of sales for Trango Broadband Wireless. "One of the great things about Trango is that we are always open to better ways of doing business. For the U.S. market there are a myriad of distribution options available to us, and we have tested several. But it became crystal clear to us at the recent ISP-CON show, where Trango gathered for a day with many of its customers, that one thing they need from their manufacturing partners is close coordination on issues ranging from product and feature requirements, to joint marketing programs, to even lobbying initiatives to ensure that the voice of the fixed broadband wireless industry is heard by government and consumers. We have a great product—real broadband access—and working closely together is the best thing for Trango and our U.S. customers."

Todd Easterling, vice president of marketing said, "This decision is in lockstep with our new branding strategy whereby we are going to basically scream from the rooftops what differentiates Trango from our competitors. In the next couple months you will see a new face on the company. Frankly, Trango, to a great extent, has been the quiet giant in the wireless industry—a group of modest and talented engineers going about the introduction of extremely innovative products, but rarely communicating the advantages of these products as well as we should. The bottom line is that Trango is virtually the only end-to-end fixed broadband wireless manufacturer in the industry. Not many customers know that we actually own a world-class factory and design and build every radio we sell—whether it is point-to-point backhauls or point-to-multipoint mass subscriber networks," added Easterling. "For our U.S. customers, this is a huge advantage. You can't get closer to the product than buying directly from the factory that tailors that product exactly to your needs. And likewise, Trango can't get closer to the U.S. market than selling directly to the people who install and use our technology every day."

Trango Broadband Wireless has also added to its sales and marketing team recently, which has increased its capability to serve its home market directly. The company hired a new vice president of marketing, vice president of sales, CFO, director of finance, and doubled its engineering department. It is also adding to its applications engineering, quality control and product management departments.

"We are more than capable of not only returning to the direct sales model in the U.S., but also building on the programs that previously played a critical role in the company's high growth," Mr. Boyd said. "The products practically sell themselves. That's not the challenge. The goal of this initiative is to work hand-in-hand with the U.S. customers who actually deploy wireless networks in the U.S., right in our backyard — the ‘boots on the ground' input that drives winning products and winning sales programs." Mr. Boyd added that this change only impacts U.S. distribution, where Trango's headquarters and regional sales people are based.

Shayne Rose
National Sales Manager
Trango Broadband
a division of Trango Systems, Inc.
15070 Ave of Science, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92128
Office: 858-653-3900x272
Fax: 858-683-2124 e-Fax
Mobile: 858-335-2245

NOTE: This email may contain information that is confidential in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.