Paul,

I haven't tried the Spectra yet but am planning some links with the Link Estimator. Are you familiar with this tool? You may have to attend a training session to get access to the partner site and profile generator. However I'd be happy to generate a path report for you .. the tool is quite good, and at least the sales people will tell you it's very accurate - if it says 99.999% reliability, that's what you'll get. Trees and other obstructions can be added to the profile manually. The single biggest factor is antenna gain .. you just won't get 200 Mbps over 40 km without 4' dishes on both sides.

Best,
--
Dylan Oliver
Primaverity, LLC