From: Tom DeReggi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:12 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] How to keep track of appointments

These all look cool for Open source of doing what Goldmine or Outlook
already do, jsut with a few more features. But the problem with these is
they are not industry specific and are really individual centered.

Managing installtion and sales leads in the WISP industry is much different.
Each sales lead is a project in itself. (close deal, do pre-qual survey, do
site cisit survey, get antenna approval from landlord, start install,
progress on install, order product for install, etc). All leads should come
to a central queue for all to view and follow up on, and then able to be
assigned, but still viewed globally. But onced assigned, it should not be
bulked in with tasks that are truly personal that shouldn't be viewed from
others.  I believe there are more categories than jsut task, appointment,
project, etc.   In addition should add, tech support request, installation
schedule, onsite service schedule, without combining them to the generic
categories of tasks and appointments.  Where as a true sales appointment
would ahve different tracking and scheduling needs than an installtion
appointment, etc.  Thats the problem with these generic type of systems.
I'd like to see something customized specifically for the processes of a
WISP.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband