"Of course if your ADD/ADHD is that serious you might get distracted by the Web browser and just surf all day, never actually getting anything done. :) "

HEY!  I resemble that remark.  ;)

I'd like to spend under $400 on this.

David E. Smith wrote:

Reliable Internet, LLC wrote:

[ stuff about a PDA ]

If you have lots of money, go get a Nokia 770. I can't report on how well they work because they just came out yesterday, but it sure looks like a fun nifty toy...

Despite the manufacturer, it's not a phone, it's an "Internet Tablet." Built-in Wi-Fi, Web browser, and for the geek in all of us, it runs Linux and reportedly is very developer-friendly (so you can add other stuff). Before long someone will have SSH and VNC clients, so you could probably run your whole network from one in a pinch. (Note to self: bug boss about how I need one of these to do my job. :D )

Of course if your ADD/ADHD is that serious you might get distracted by the Web browser and just surf all day, never actually getting anything done. :) In that case, just get some old black-and-white Palm device off eBay for twenty bucks and call it a day.

Since you're a one-man show, you'll probably just have to experiment a bit and see what works best for you, for the time being. Most of my suggestions are more group-oriented (we use the calendaring software that came with our email system, and just have a couple shared logins and the honor system, but we also have a couple more people to keep track of).

David Smith
MVN.net