To: <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:16 PM
Subject: [WISPA] INSURANCE

From an Insurance agent I am dealing with for ISPs and CLECs:

Hi Peter:
At this level of premium there is really not much that can be done.
Insurance carriers typically set "minimum pemiums" for certain policies even where risk of loss is relatively minor. E+O is an example of this. At $1,250, the coverage is probably very limited and that is the bare minimun the carreir will accept to take on that risk whether the client does $10,000 per year or $250,000.

Unfortunately, it's really not worth the effort on either parties part to try and shave five hundred dollars or 10% from a ~$5,000 overall program.
This is especially true of they are actually looking for real coverage.
It;s like everything else. You really do get what you pay for. These policies will have so many exclusions that actually getting a claim paid would be the exception rather than the rule. Plus they are likely placed with relatively [financially] weak carriers.

My value to your clients would be in the area of making their insurance budget more efficent in terms of providing better coverage with stronger carriers. My guess is that clients that are generating revenue of
>$1Mil per annum would be the minimum threshold where I can actually
accomplish some good.

Paul