From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] VOIP - and rants

Yes, but I have not ever blocked anyone. I am making hypothetical comments.

However your point is well taken.

> level3 same plan.

The differnce is Level 3 lets me know the plan upfront. Second, LEVEL3 may
deserve the right to charge. Level3 is not a new startup like CommPartners.
Level3 is leading the country as a national tier1 transit provider.  They
are the big fish, and they probably have the right to act like one, and
demand any terms that they want. .

> There are 1200 VOIP Providers.

Do you know where to find that list of 1200 providers? I've found only about

enough to fill one hand full of fingers, regarding wholesale.

> The billing is the key.

Thats exactly why I do not want to go through a third party. I either want
my partner to bill my client directly, or I want to villthem and only have
one bill to cross reference the one from the carrier that tracks it and
provides it.  Doing VOIP through a middle man will be a nightmare from the
billing point of view. That need to be avoided at all cost.  Try and get a
credit, when the overbilling start, going through a third party. I'vebeen
there done that. With one compnay the over billing got to be over $20,000 a
month. I had no recourse to cure it, as I had no agreement with the provider

tracking the costs, and the reseller wouldn't fix it for me or waive it
until the provider did. It becomes a nightmare. Must be avoided. A perfect
reason why companies like Commpartners should do direct deals not through
resellers. ONce they have a billing system in palce that can accommodate the

middle man and cure the man in the middle billing headaches, thats fine,
build a resller middle man channel. But until then, dont do it.

Blocking may not be the right approach. I'm undecided.

> Maybe someone else can get around those issues.

They can't. Exactly why I suggest Commpartners should go direct and avoid
the problems of a middle man. And why I didn;t suggest a COOP, like some
people misunderstood.  My goal is to simplify billing not make it more
complex.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband