Hello all,

I am getting ready to start migrating my higher end customers from 2.4Ghz to 5.8Ghz radios. I will be using Tranzeo CPEs and StarOS APs for this.

My question: Is there anyone out there who has done this and has quite a few people on 5ghz (802.11a based)? I'm not talking about Canopy or Trango, just 802.11a.

I'd like to know what kind of speeds are deliverable, number of clients per access point, preferred pricing plans for bandwidth and any snafus that have come up. I'm hoping to avoid snafus if possible by knowing as much as I can before deploying.

Right now we have about ten people on our system between three access points and plan on migrating another 50 over. The furthest person at 7 miles (using a 26db grid antenna), and I would like to cover a range of 4 to 8 miles per 5Ghz cell. Any input is appreciated. I will make sure and submit the results of my implementation project in another month or so.

Matt Larsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]