If your contract with a tower specifies that you hold access rights to
spectrum within the bands whether you are USING THEM currently, or not
using them currently, then I would suppose your "exclusive" rights would
hold up, but am unaware of any legal precedence to show this.

There was a company that had a similar contract on the BOA tower in
seattle that tried using this without any success as well, when I was
with another firm a few years back. Reality is there is no exclusive
rights to bands within unlicensed. ( my 2 cents)

-

Jeff