To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Good news and bad news today

This is a good thought to get something out of the deal. I really think that
we need access to utility easments.

Imagine putting an AP everywhere the cable and phone company aggregates thier fiber/wires etc. Imagine being able to put an AP on or near a stop sign or anywhere you deem necessary to deliver your service. This would greatly help
our LOS problems and bandwidth issues.

Quoting John Scrivner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

How about if we propose to the Congress that they allow a per base
station license to be paid annually for broadband use that gives first
in rights to those who launch broadband in a given geography in the
channel registered for each base station? Then everyone would have the
ability to have access to spectrum with some rights to prevent
interference and have something that investors could be comfortable with
investing in. This would eliminate the spectrum class split we have now
where some have rights of licensed use and others (like us) cannot play
in the game without using spectrum with no spectrum rights (unlicensed).
The government could have the revenues they demand which they normally
get from auctions which I oppose due to the inability for smaller
operators to have a chance to buy in.
Just a thought.
Scriv