The "local" electronics store sold me a pair of crimpers that listed for
$55, but since the package was trashed, he gave me $10 off.  Boy, I have
never regretted it.   No more of those cheap ones.   Not a single bad crimp
since I changed crimpers and yes, we use the "cheap" standard ends.   We had
issues with the "regular" ones, even though we had tried 3 different pairs
of crimpers.   We never left a customer with a bad cable, but there was a
couple times the c able didn't work, and visually inspecting the crimp
showed a deficiency.

These things are NOT very convenient to use, but they have this ratcheting
mechanism that won't let you let loose of the connector until you squeeze
all the way.    The plug is tight in the crimper, and they are very heavy.

Not a single bad crimp since then.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-