This is from a post I made in the Summer.  It runs very nicely on out
4 radio WAR boards.  Pretty sweet actually.

Lonnie

I think you are basing your dislike on standard AdHoc mesh.  Remember
I too have come out and said it is not worth our time.  We have some
ideas and we will build something similar to OSPF but more intelligent
and proactive about routes.  We will make use of multiple radios and
even Ethernet feeds.

There is no reason that we cannot do a 5.x GHz mesh feeding some 2.4
GHz microcells.  I see no reason to have a low performance system and
we are shooting for 20 to 30 mbps at each node.  It will not ruin it
for anybody and kill make a KA network.  It will be self healing so
that any failure is simply routed around.

Like OSPF but with steroids and more knowledge of the network.

On 2/22/06, Jack Unger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> George,
>
> I haven't seen his description but I'm glad to hear he's on the right
> track. Do you recall a link to his information?
>
> Thanks,
>         jack
>

> George wrote:
>
> > Hi Jack,
> >
> > This is the way Lonnie described his version of mesh a few months back.
> >
> > George
> >
> > Jack Unger wrote:
> >
> >> Unless you expect to handle only very low levels of traffic, avoid
> >> mesh nodes with only one radio. Choose nodes that have one radio on
> >> 2.4 GHz for customer connections and one radio on 5.8 GHz for
> >> backhauling. In other words, separate the "access" traffic from the
> >> "backhaul" traffic. Your overall throughput capability will be many
> >> times greater.
> >>
> >> jack
> >>

> --
> Jack Unger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
> Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
> Author of the WISP Handbook - "Deploying License-Free Wireless WANs"
> True Vendor-Neutral WISP Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
> Phone (VoIP Over Broadband Wireless) 818-227-4220  www.ask-wi.com

Lonnie Nunweiler
Valemount Networks Corporation
http://www.star-os.com/