From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Glaves
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:50 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Solectek Skyway 7000

I have never used the Solectek equipment and am looking at either trying their Skyway 7101 or the Trango Atlas for some short building to building links.  I have seen enough favorable posts about the Atlas to know plenty of you are using it successfully – although I sure wish I could get one of their sales folks to return a phone call.  Leave a message about buying 250 CPEs and no one calls back....  Anyway J

I would like to get opinions on the Skyway 7000.  This would be for very short <.5 mile links between buildings.  We would normally use Terabeam/Proxim systems but are looking for alternatives with similar capabilities and 20-40% lower cost.  Any info/opinions on reliability and real world throughput would be great.

Thanks,

Matt