From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lonnie Nunweiler
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:52 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mesh Equipment

I guess you'll have to learn more about Mesh because if you did you
would not say that a dedicated backhaul and microcell approach gives
the same functionality.  Sure a dedicated backhaul and microcell are
fine because that is what people have been building since forever.

Mesh handles routing issues and requires routed networks.  Is that the
problem you see?

Lonnie

On 2/23/06, Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> First off, don't.  Mesh is all the rage today.  Just like hotspots
were a
> couple of years ago.  Mesh and muni are often rolled out in the same
> sentence.  Show me ONE that's working correctly past the 6 to 12 month
> stage......
>
> Having said that, you can still give them the same functionality.
>
> Use a dedicated backhaul system.  Trango, Airaya, Canopy, Alvarion,
pick
> your high end ptmp system.  Use that to feed micro cell wifi
deployments
> that are down at street level.
>
> Same functionality, greater flexibility, MUCH better scalability and,
> believe, much better stability.
>
> That help?
> Marlon
> (509) 982-2181                                   Equipment
> sales
> (408) 907-6910 (Vonage)                    Consulting services
> 42846865 (icq)                                    And I run
> my own wisp!
> 64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
> www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
> www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam