That does help Marlon, and that's basically the approach I've been taking with them. There are, of course, other complications, but I won't go into here.

I again appreciate everyone's response.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Water Tower Colocation

They were told $1500 here. That's CELL phone company use though. Not wisp.

I took an antenna to a city council meeting and showed them what little space I'd be using. I also compared revenue streams between cell phone companies and wisps. Then I told them that I wanted to service the community but couldn't do it alone. I needed their help. I'd get to people that the telco didn't with dsl and I'd offer the ONLY competitive pressure to the incumbent offering (still to this day there are only two of us).

In the end, it costs them almost nothing. Our contract is for non interference not exclusive use. Our contract also says that when we fire up if we cause problems for ANYONE in the AREA we'll shut it down and redo things. They buy the hardware and we provide service to any city facilities that need it.

Also talked them down from a $5,000,000 insurance requirement to $1,000,000 (worked out how to do that with my insurance agent).

In the end, they are out nothing because I couldn't have gone up there at $1500 per month. And the community gained service where it wouldn't have gone otherwise and the city is saving hundreds on communications costs.

That more helpful?
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless