To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:47 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Muni wireless

I personally don't much care for Muni wireless as I would rather the government stay out of the ISP business. With that being said, Rome, GA announced that GTS had won the the contract to install a wireless system for the city. See http://muniwireless.com/municipal/bids/1102/ for details on the announcement.

What I thought the list might find interesting is that we (AirInfinite, now One Ring Networks) were included in GTS's bid and will now be providing backhaul for the wireless network. I believe this is an interesting approach for WISPs to take when dealing with munis that have an interest in wireless.

-Matt