Tom,

Are you saying that you compare your wireless service to T1 telco service? How are you doing full-duplex with wireless?

Travis
Microserv

Tom DeReggi wrote:

Chris,

I agree with your finding.
But its possible your focus group did not get all the fact. (Or what was the finding?) For example, its not only important to determine what terms the customer best recognizes and identify with, but also what meaning they have for those terms that they identify with.

For example, it does not surprise me a bit, that "High Speed Internet" was the term that the consumer best identified with. However, most people identify "High Speed Internet" as much with DialUP service as they do with "Broadband". And if not identified with DialUP, its then identifies with DSL or Cable services. Why do we want to create the image of offering commodity services, design for huge over subscription, low repair SLAs, and best effort?

Do you consider cable and DSL as a good or bad thing, as far as setting standards for quality?

We don't want to be identified as that.  We want to be something better.

Now if you are offering lower quality, best effort, Wifi services to your clients, and you are striving to be a competitor to Cable and DSL quality, sure Brand the product as DSL, and its a good thing. And please do so, so your wireless is not identified with what we offer, branding high quality fiber extension and T1 replacement services.

In your focus group did you get any results on their perception of quality that they associated with Cable and DSL or the term "High Speed Internet"?

Would you suggest branding your T1 or Fiber offerings as "High Speed Internet", since customers best identify with that term?

Maybe we should be branding our service as "Wi-Fiber". or Maybe "Ethernet Internet Access" (of course like end users will know what Ethernet means.)

Its a tough call because if we called our service "Fiber" or "T1" we'd most likely be liars based on their true definitions.
Nothing exists realting to quality for us to piggy back on.

All though "Broadband" may not be as well recognized, its doesn;t associate us with Telcos or Cable companies necessarilly. Broadband is truthfully defined as a general term to cover any media type of delivery of Internet Access.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "chris cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>