On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:

However, no public traffic can run over the network.

You can use a public network to feed a 4.9 system that you manage for the license holder. You can NOT use 4.9 to transport public traffic though.

Don't take this like I don't believe what you are saying...This is just a question.

Trango is offering a new mesh solution that they call "HD Mesh".
From what I understand, it is targeted for muni-wireless deployment.
It uses 2.4GHz AP and 4.9GHz backhaul. If what you say is correct, is this system then limited to be used ONLY by the municipality and no other end users may connect to it?

--
Butch Evans
http://www.butchevans.com/