Just try and imagine how much storage you would require for 2 years
worth of traffic.  Guys are joking about it being good so they can get
the Terabyte server they always wanted.  How about when they have to
buy 50 of them?

Also consider the task of assigning IP addresses and maintaining that
list to always be up to date and correct.

If this requirement is made I do expect you will see an awful lot of
guys stop doing this since the paperwork and records keeping would be
an added chore and a possible huge expense.  If you elect to ignore it
if it is ever required expect to be asked to do jail time and pay huge
fines.

Make light of this all you want, but I believe that your smugness will
not last long if it becomes a requirement.

Lonnie