To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] frame size and fps - was OT: about 70Mbps for under $ 6K

So I have more data for you Matt I just received about what firmware 4.0
delivers in terms of frame sizes and what it can mean to the business case. Remember, this is multipoint, not PtP. All Mbps numbers are NET throughput:

Frame size Upstream Mbps/FPS Downstream Mbps/FPS
64 32.18/47893 40.29/59952
128 34.7/29308 43.79/36982
256 37.68/17065 45.03/20392
512 38.41/9025 45.51/10693
1024 37.02/4432 44.82/5366
1280 38.93/3743 45.99/4422
1518 36.69/2982 44.63/3627

This is a dramatic improvement, first in terms of net throughput the numbers are huge and I am pretty sure no other PMP system can get close to them. But
the main accomplishment is a total leveling of capacity regardless of the
frame size. This results in much higher predictability and ability to
capacity plan. This takes net throughput over 700% higher using small 64bit
frame than the previous version. Frankly it really is an exceptional
achievement that will enable operators to offer very high value services
even to large enterprise. With this version of BreezeACCESS VL an operator
could sell an 8 voice lines/6Mbps of data to 20 enterprise customers in a
single sector with a 5:1 over subscription with a voice MOS of 4.0 or
higher. And with a SOHO type service like 2 voice lines and 3Mbps of data
you could have 160 customers PER sector at a 20:1 over subscription. That
will produce some exceptional ARPU.

Patrick Leary
AVP Marketing
Alvarion, Inc.