-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:06 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] VoIP as a service offering - Skype, Yahoo, MS

The clear trend where we're at is cell phone and/or voip.

Mostly, it's cell phone and no land line.  What for?  I've got my phone, she
has hers, the kids each have one etc.  Who needs a land line, portable phone
or otherwise????

Businesses don't care about voip here because long distance rates are so
cheap that some of them would actually increase their costs by moving to
voip.

And lets not forget chat eh?  Many of the new business people/leaders out
there are used to using chat instead of talking on the phone.  I don't know
about you guys, but I remember spending hours some days on the phone with my
friends as a teenager.  Now my son chats.  I also use chat a lot during the
day.  He'll use it far more.

How many of you are trying to teach your corporate customers to use chat
instead of picking up the phone all of the time?  I think that all I really
need is my own chat server that I can assure them of privacy and no stupid
bells and whistles and I could make more money offering a private chat
system than voip!  And I could greatly increase my customer's efficiency.
No need for small talk when you are on chat all day like there is with each
phone call.

Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless