That was my experience exactly! Finally used my own protocol analyzer (my PC) and saw each Q931 request being auto-repeated before the first D channel acks came back (there was nearly a SECOND of D channel delay!!). At that point it was obvious and I had the phone technicians switch me from a supposedly ISDN capable brand new fiber line unit to an old SLIC96 they had available and the problem immediately went away (and my phone started working). Ahhh, the good old days...

You're right ... the phone company tech's had no idea how to make it work (or trouble shoot their own equipment). Worse yet, the Ameritech technicians had been issued ISDN capable CAT box's that were oblivious to D channel delay (so they were swearing it was working because their "test" box said it was working).

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Blake Bowers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] VoIP Is About More Than Replacing The Phone

Thats because ISDN really stands for I Still Don't No...

Back in the 80's when Bellsouth introduced it in Nashville, the techs had to make repeated stops
at my house to finally get it going.  Probably 20 of them.

Bellsouth introduced it, without bothering to show their
employees how to make it work.....  Still, it was lots
better than 2400 baud to access FIDONET....

----- Original Message ----- From: "Travis Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>