From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 6:25 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] EarthLink Unwires Anaheim, Announces Wholesale Program

I had a quick interesting conversation with Mobile Pro at WCA. And he
brought up a good point about, why should we discourage investment in this
industry. I say, if someone thinks they can make mesh work, good for them,
I'll even help them if I can to find ways for it to work better, as long as
its done on their dollar. Who am I to critisize that Earthlink or anyone can

or can't make it work. If they make it work, horray for us all, we can all
follow step and install mesh networks ourselves, after letting them pay for
all the R&D to prove it can work.

But today... I bet my money on models that have proven to work. There is no
evidence that Zero truck roll/ Zero CPE models will work reliably.  MESH for

mobility (or I should say portabilty) on the other hand is clearly possibly,

even advantageous with MESH.  So I do not care what the "WHOLE PURPOSE " is,

all I care about is what is the "WHOLE REALITY".

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband