From: "Jason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] DC Inverter help

Gang,

    I'm not a UPS expert, but if the batteries were deeply discharged,
wouldn't the extra load of the external batteries would make it hard on
the ups when it tries to bring them back up?

Maybe I misunderstood the question; but, if I needed 48VDC
uninterrupted, I'd string 4 deep cycle batteries together and connect a
good multi-stage battery charger.  Then I'd run my 48 V devices right
from the batteries.  If you don't need 120AC, then there's no need for a
UPS.  If the UPS is already there and uses a 48V stack, then I'd tap
into that...

Jason

Gino A. Villarini wrote:
yes