Did you mean to say "updates" or "backups"?

We were planning on writing some scripts to login to
Mikrotik devices to download their backup file but after
realizing that most of the ISP's I know are using static IP's
on their Mikrotik devices, I think the backup-to-email
method is the way to go. What we are going to do is issue
http://www.ISPBuddy.com  members their own unique
e-mail address to configure in their Mikrotik devices. Then,
when ISP Buddy receives the backup files, it will archive them
in the member's account for the time specified by the member.
This way, the member will always have daily backups for all
of their Mikrotik devices and the files will be stored offsite in
a secure environment and accessible 24/7/365 via any Internet
connection.

One thing that we are able to do with StarOS devices that I
have not yet figured out how to do with Mikrotik devices is
the real-time editing of configuration files. The ISP Buddy system
will allow you to select the StarOS device and file type you would
like to edit and then the system will login to the device and
download the file specified (for instance, cbq.txt). The file's
contents are then displayed in an editable textarea field where
you can make the necessary changes (via your browser without
having to use StarUtil or SSH) and then save, upload and activate
the changes on the StarOS device. We would like to offer this
same functionality for Mikrotik users but have not yet figured
out how to accomplish it. Does Mikrotik allow you to write
configuration settings to a plain text file or are all files saved
as binary and not editable outside Mikrotik?

Shannon D. Denniston, Co-Founder
KyWiFi, LLC - Mt. Sterling, Kentucky
"Your Hometown Broadband Provider"
http://www.KyWiFi.com