From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Victoria
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 12:19 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Trango Delimna

Now that is what a call a GEEK!

We have had to recently upgrade our firmware on our 5830 so that they will
talk to the Atlas, but ours had only been up for about three months, so we
didn't face that dilemma.

St. Louis had a huge power outage a few weeks ago.  We were out a few hours
because of our upstream provider.  One of our POP's lost power, but our
battery back up stayed up and the Trango never lost power.  At another
location we are on a diesel generator that will go for a month so that one
was fine.

Since the storm I have been contacted about setting up a network that will
work if there is a general power outage.
I have been checking out satellite for external feed and solar for power.

Has anyone ever setup something like this?

Victoria
STLBroadband.com