Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] tv white spaces update and a question for you guys

Here is the relevant paragraph.

"The Notice proposed to require that fixed unlicensed devices incorporate a geo-location method such as GPS or be professionally installed, and that they access a database to identify vacant channels at their location.  It proposed to require that portable unlicensed devices operate only when they receive a control signal from a source such as an FM or TV station that identifies the vacant TV channels in that particular area.  The Commission also sought comment on the use of spectrum sensing to identify vacant TV channels, but did not propose any specific technical requirements for devices that use spectrum sensing."
The GPS requirement does not seem to present a problem, for Fixed Wireless, many GPs devices cna be incorporated into any PC.  As for a data base that exists and is available from Brian Webster [EMAIL PROTECTED] , or could be accomodated to ID vacant channels at a given location.  If this is all that is required the information is already available.

For "Portable Unlicensed devices" the requirement is more difficult, I admit.  But to run a test for fixed unlicensed devices this should be much more straight forward.

What do you guys think?

Ron Wallace
Hahnron, Inc.
220 S. Jackson Dt.