On Mon, September 18, 2006 5:28 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Two questions. What is RDC? Is the data rate for the Sprint card high
> enough to download color weather radar images quickly?

I'd assume RDC is Remote Desktop, Windows' answer to PC Anywhere and VNC.

And the Sprint cards are, I'm told, surprisingly good. Some folks have
reported getting data rates in excess of 1Mbps - not blazing fast, but
beats the pants off dialup, and pretty good if you're speeding down the
highway. The average speeds seem to be 512k or thereabouts, unless you're
in a major metropolitan area (which will have newer better tower gear,
thus better speeds), which still ain't nothing to sneeze at.

David Smith
MVN.net