I wouldn't think you would be required to use FDD. 802.16e supports varying channel widths, so you could for example deploy a multi-point system with two 10Mhz channels or six 3Mhz channels all TDD.

-Matt

John Scrivner wrote:

Tom DeReggi wrote:

Scriv,Congrads on the spectrum win.

Thank you.

What are you doing about equipment to operate in that spectrum range?

That is the $100,000 question right now. 802.16e for mobility and fixed wireless is designed strictly for TDD use. I have paired frequencies which are generally relegated to some type of FDD system like those used in the cellular industry. There are some next gen choices in that area that I am looking at. I personally believe someone will adapt 802.16e to work in FDD whether it is standards compliant or not. Then I will likely choose that. I could use 802.16d gear like BreezeMax but I really want to offer mobility as well as fixed which is not an option with 802.16d. Nortel is working on me pretty hard right now. We'll see where this goes. It is going to be a while before I can get the incumbent users of my bands relocated so I have some time to ponder.
Scriv

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband