From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 8:26 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Find the Fastest ISP

This is one of the worst speed test programs I have ever seen. It
basically downloads the front web page from several different sites
(apple.com, msn.com, microsoft.com, yahoo.com, etc.) and times each
download, and then averages them.

My PC at work is a P4/2.8ghz with 1GB of RAM. I am connected to our
backbone switch with a 100Mbps ethernet connection. Our backbone router
has two full DS3's running full BGP routes. Even when I have over 50Mbps
of bandwidth available, the SurfSpeed test shows my average speed at
35Kbps.

You can download the SurfSpeed program from PC Magazine's website and
test it yourself.

Travis
Microserv