From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David E. Smith
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:01 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Are these good or bad Alvarion VL statistics...

Brad Belton wrote:
> I'm at the SU side and the SU shows "Five Green LEDs".  In fact the SU
shows
> "Five Green LEDs" even if we swing the antenna a few degrees left - right
-
> up or down.  We really have no idea what our RSSI is, but we've made our
> best judgment splitting the difference between the left - right - up and
> down sweep.  <sigh>

While Alvarion doesn't give you actual RSSI, you can get a running
signal-to-noise number. Telnet into the SU, hit 4, 4, 1. You can use
those numbers to fine-tune your antenna alignment, if you keep in mind
those numbers lag a second or two behind.

(You can also get those numbers from the BreezeConfig software, which is
a lot easier to navigate than some of Alvarion's complex menus. A CD
with that software should have come with your hardware; if you don't
have it, email me offlist and I can hook you up.)

David Smith
MVN.net