Yep-

We look at Hamfests for any inductor with a "big hole" and pass the Ethernet or COAX through with as many turns as we can cram in the hole.

Ralph

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jenco Wireless
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:42 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] lightning

DigiKey lists a standard inductance for each core and the frequencies they filter.  Its been awhile since I researched them, but my primary focus was the FM interference and my secondary was just to get as much inductance as possible for lightning suppression.  - the more times you loop the cable through it, the greater the inductance.  I go for as many loops as I can possibly get.  A lot of times, I buy the inductor mostly based an the physical size that will work for my application.  I use them on just about everything, even my RF pig-tails (with no looping).

Brad Hagstrom