We have seen quite a bit of interest in new membership in WISPA lately. I am proud to announce that Travis Johnson has added his name to the list of WISP operators who have joined WISPA. Travis has a very successful operation and I am sure his involvement in WISPA will be valuable to us and to him as well. Please join me in welcoming Travis Johnson and his WISP Microserv. Here is a little background on Travis and Microserv:

Microserv started as a dial-up ISP in 1994. We began providing wireless service in 1997, DSL service in 2001 and fiber-optic service in 2003. We currently provide fixed wireless service covering 25,000 square miles of southeastern Idaho and have over 3,000 current wireless subscribers. Our entire backbone is wireless with links from 5 miles to 73 miles and using 5.3ghz to 38ghz.

I designed and installed the entire infrastructure (over 60 operating repeater locations) and continue to service and support them while also running the day to day operations of a company with 25 employees. We are growing at a rate of 60+ wireless customers per month and continue to add new services and features for our existing customers. I am excited to be a member of WISPA and hope to help the organization grow and benefit the industry.

Thanks,

Travis Johnson, President
Microserv