If you're speaking of the Spectran, I have one and it doesn't seem to work too well for me. The issue for me is that there seems to be not enough resolution to be working with the reletively low power unliscensed systems as we do. I'm sure for paging and gsm it's great but after trying repeatedly to use it for even simple tasks like direction finding and channel sweeping (seeing what's clear), I had to give up and stop wasting time with it.

rabbtux rabbtux wrote:
All,
I recall there was some interest in a German manufactured handheld
spectrum analyzer last summer(cost about 1K).  Some on the list were
going to pool their resources to make a overseas order.

Did that ever happen? Does anyone have one of those units?? How does it work?