To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Wireless Security biting you in the ass?

You're right. Perception is everything. So I picked up two things from this thread. One, why is the onus on me to prove my network is secure? Break into it or you're just passing on hot air from uninformed or biased sources. Two, I can offer transport on a private network that doesn't touch the net. How many layers of security are the other vendors offering? I've got two; encryption and private network. - cw

John Scrivner wrote:
It does not matter if the responsibility is the network admin or not when it comes down to purchase time. It comes down to perception. Right now perception of the hospital corporate officers is that wireless = not secure. I have been told by people who order circuits that they are not allowed to buy from me or any wireless operator due to security issues. I believe it will require some type of HIPAA "seal of approval" from some source or another before we can start selling to these guys. This could be bad for us. ALL of the hospitals are going to buying new circuits soon and right now I am out of the running.
Scriv