lol...Butch beat me to the punch.

Marlon stated:
>How many ip addys does each customer need in a fully routed
>network? gateway, ip and broadcast.  I see that as three.  Or does
>a /30 use up four?

I still don't see how you add what you stated above as three:

Network (1)
Gateway (2)
IP              (3)
Broadcast       (4)

Nevertheless, a bridged network requires this many IPs no different than a
routed network.  The difference is routing requires the use of three
additional IPs per segment of your network and not necessarily for each
client.

Here is a quick cheat sheet on subnets:

/32     =       one IP
/31     =       two IP subnet (rarely used)
/30     =       four IP subnet
/29     =       eight IP subnet
/28     =       sixteen IP subnet
/27     =       thirty-two IP subnet
/26     =       sixty-four IP subnet
/25     =       one hundred twenty-eight IP subnet
/24     =       two hundred fifty-six IP subnet
etc, etc...

So, for an example if you had a HUB site with four Sectors and each Sector
has approx 25-50 clients you could do one of two things.  Bridge the entire
100-200 clients into one large broadcast domain by bridging all four Sectors
into one dumb switch or you could segment each Sector into its own subnet by
routing your network.

Certainly the bridging solution is easier to implement, but considering the
risk of one client becoming infected and taking down the entire HUB vs. only
one sector I would recommend routing.

Simply place a five or more port router at the base of the tower and assign
a /26 Subnet to each Sector.  In doing this you've "burned" only nine more
IP addresses routing vs. bridging to serve the same 200+ clients.

The bridged design will "burn" three IPs vs. the routed design "burning"
twelve, but again considering the benefits of routing over bridging this is
a small price to pay.

Best,

Brad