Postini has what is called, non-account bouncing and it will allow those accounts not in the Postini data base to be passed through. Another benefit is that Postini will filter all non-accounts for viruses using two filtering engines, McAfee and Authentium. If McAfee finds an email clean, it will be also be scanned by Authentium. With non-account bouncing, you can also see those email accounts via reporting and see how much data they pass on to your system.

Frank Muto
President
FSM Marketing Group, Inc.
Postini Partner Reseller
http://wispa.spam-virus.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Can you explain this in more detail? I am not quite following you on this.
Thanks,
Scriv

Mario Pommier wrote:

Marlon,
You can make all your mail traffic go through Postini without being charged more, and you can still charge the customer the $1 fee for usage.
   And, yeah, people do like.

Mario

Marlon K. Schafer wrote:

We don't put everyone on Postini. We charge those that want the filtering $1 per month. Like John and Forbes, it's cost is too high to just include automatically. Instead, we make money on spam. I'd say around half of our customers and almost all hosted domains take Postini.

We're actually using the usage stats to help us sell Postini. No one wants to pay an overage fee just to receive all that dang spam :-).

laters,
marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Muto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>